Our team is made up of the most dedicated and creative educators. Together we build learning experiences that transform and enable our students. Join us in changing how kids learn and understand our world.
We are looking for people who:
Are great communicators
Effective communication, whether it’s face-to-face, digitally, or just picking up on vibes, is key to how we work as a team and our bigger strategy as a place for learning.
We spend a lot of time working with and caring about each other. We’re looking for people who care about their team and the students they’re building for.
Being enthusiastic, excited, and all around fired up about learning is important to our team. We’re looking for people who are curious and want to share that curiosity with our students.
We are always happy to hear from passionate educators and mentors!
If you are interested in becoming a part of the BrainBoost community, please send your cover letter and resume to Kerstin. ([email protected]).
“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”
- Albert Einstein
BrainBoost Education is looking for an enthusiastic Math and Science tutor (Grades 8-12), starting September 3rd 2019, who is passionate about teaching young people and developing their Math and Science abilities.
This is a full-time position Monday to Friday from 10am and 6pm. You will need to have had experience tutoring Math and one high school level science – and experience teaching students with learning differences is preferred.
If you are looking for a unique challenge in a values-driven and student-centered learning environment, this job is perfect for you.
BrainBoost Education promotes, develops and delivers unique learning experiences tailored to students who may not be accommodated in traditional educational settings, as well as those who are seeking additional learning support. Many students here experience learning difficulties such as ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, high functioning ASD. The ATS (Alternative to School) program and one-to-one tutoring provide spaces for students and educators to come together and work toward specific learning goals in an inclusive community and in ways that are relevant to the student. BrainBoost designs experiences that challenge, inspire, and match the student’s learning style and personality. We are located on West Broadway near Blenheim in Kitsilano.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- a passion for learning and wants to share this love with others
- experience tutoring Math 8-12
- experience tutoring Biology, Physics and/or Chemistry at high school level is an asset
- knowledge of Science 10 is an asset
- knowledge of BC curriculum
- excitement for teaching and a desire to have a positive impact on a student’s relationship with knowledge
- experience working with high school students
- experience working with students who may experience learning disabilities
- experience working with students with giftedness (considered an asset)
- ability to be self-reflective
The job entails:
- working one-to-one with students
- creating/preparing materials to make the curriculum interesting and engaging
- writing reports on the progress of students and tutoring sessions
- seeking and responding to feedback from students and case managers
The job offers:
- joining a creative and passionate community of educators who exhaust every strategy to ensure a successful learning outcome for each student.
- mentoring by staff with experience in educational psychology and practices
- support and guidance as you apply new principles in your work
- opportunities to exchange and discuss ideas with compassionate colleagues who engage in ongoing dialogue about education
- access to ongoing staff development and learning opportunities
- starting wage of $22.44 – $24.99/hour depending on your education and experience
- Extended health benefits
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply with your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!