BRAINBOOST PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICIES 2019/2020
Payment & Cancellation Policy in a nutshell:
All sessions are scheduled to occur weekly for the school year. To cancel ongoing, you must give us written notice to cover 4 weeks of booked services . With at least 24 hours notice you can cancel up to 4 sessions per year at no charge. You will receive an invoice each time your account shows only one tutoring visit remaining .
BOOKING ONGOING SESSIONS
To complete the registration process and book weekly session(s), commitment to the school year is required along with your first payment equivalent to 4 weeks of booked services.
All sessions must be prepaid by purchasing a pass that puts credits in the account to be used for each tutoring hour. You will receive an invoice each time your account shows only one paid tutoring hour remaining. The invoice will charge for the next four weeks of booked services. If you prefer to pay for the entire term or year at once, please let us know.
With at least 24 hours’ notice, up to 4 sessions per year may be cancelled at no charge. Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice are considered a late cancellation and will be charged. The number of allowable cancellations will be prorated for students who start or end tutoring in the middle of the year.
If a student desires to withdraw from tutoring before the end of the school year, a parent may cancel weekly sessions on an ongoing basis by giving written notice for four weeks of booked services. All sessions falling before and within this notice must be paid for and are non-refundable. In the absence of notice, a fee equivalent to four weeks services will be charged. All sessions falling after the notice period will be cancelled, and, if prepaid, refunded.
In rare cases, a tutor may have to cancel a scheduled session. We will do our best to reschedule the session to another convenient time for the student. If this is not possible, we will credit the session to your account. The student will also have free use of study space support for the duration of the cancelled session.
GROUP CLASS POLICY
In most cases we will ask for the student to come in for a consultation to determine suitability for the desired class. Once we determine the class is a good fit, you will receive an invoice and, upon payment, your spot will be confirmed.
- If a student is registered for a class and decides to withdraw prior to the start of the class, you will be refunded the full cost of the class minus the cancellation fee (see below).
- For all school year Classes, a student may withdraw up to 14 days after the start of the Class and receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After 14 days, all fees are non-refundable.
- For summer academic credit Classes, or Classes shorter than a term, a student may withdraw up to 7 days after the start of the Class and will receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After 7 days, all fees are non-refundable.
- For week long Classes, there is no refund once the Class has started.
- If BrainBoost is unable to find enough students for a class, we reserve the right to cancel a class and we will refund all fees to each client.
GROUP CLASS CANCELLATION FEES
- $150.00 for all Classes over $1,000.00
- $50.00 for all Classes over $500.00
- $25.00 for all Classes under $500.00
All Classes must be pre-paid in full.
STUDY SPACE POLICY
BOOKING STUDY SPACE
- Students can drop into study space at any time, provided they have pre-purchased hours. A pass, or drop-in hour, can be purchased through the front desk staff.
STUDY SPACE CANCELLATIONS:
- Hourly Study Space passes are non-refundable and expire June 12th, 2020.
STUDY SPACE TRACKING
- We carefully track time used and are happy to share that information at any time.
CLASS PASS POLICY
BOOKING A CLASS PASS
All students interested in a Class Pass will consult with a Case Manager to design a learning plan and determine suitability. A Class Pass grants the student access to all classes and study space, within the hours of 9-4pm for the entirety of the school year.
Each Class Pass is charged by the term (Sept-Jan, Feb-June) and will be invoiced one month prior to the term starting.
Class Passes are non-refundable once the term has begun.
GENERAL BILLING AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- All services must be prepaid.
- For each service requested, you will receive an emailed invoice (called a “Purchase request” in our online system). Once the invoice is paid, the service will be booked and a receipt will be issued (called a “ bill” in our online system).
- Payment can be made by cheque, cash, or e-transfer. We do not take credit or debit cards. For e-transfer instructions please contact us at 604-723-0904 or email [email protected]
We schedule sessions for each student on a recurring weekly basis, from the time of booking, until June 12th, 2020, excluding all holidays that the government and VSB follow, except for pro-d Days, when we are open.
RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENT
Once payment has been processed, a receipt will be emailed to you. You can view and print your receipts through your online account. Please let us know if you have any trouble accessing or printing receipts.
We charge an administration fee of $25.00 for cheques returned as NSF.
THIRD-PARTY GOVERNMENTAL PAYMENTS
In some cases, services will be paid for in full, or part, by governmental funding, (MCFD, BC School Districts and other institutions). BrainBoost requires you to submit in writing from the relevant funder that it has been approved as a service provider for your child. We also need you to forward full details of the funded amount(s) and requirements.
- Please note:
- Please remember that you are responsible for renewing government funding for your child on time and ensuring that regular funding comes through to BrainBoost to cover the services booked. Please be aware that, if the calculations are done incorrectly and funding is not adequate to cover services rendered, you are responsible to pay any outstanding balances.
- Most funders will not pre-pay services, however BrainBoost requires prepayment for services booked. For this reason, we ask the families to pay for the first 4 weeks of services. That money will act as a deposit, and will be returned at the end of the year, assuming that all fees have been adequately covered by third-party funding.
- Please be aware that a billing fee of $10.00 per invoice per funder will be applied to all Third-Party accounts, to assist with necessary administrative procedures around billing and tracking.
SPECIAL PAYMENT PLANS
If you are unable to follow the policies and procedures listed above, please speak with front desk about being considered for a special payment plan. We will discuss your needs and devise a special payment plan that works for both parties. In some cases an administrative charge of $50.00 will be applied to special payment plans.
Limited bursary funds are available for those clients who may need support meeting our fees. Please inquire with Executive Director, Jessy Giammarino ([email protected]), about further detail.
Many families whose children are diagnosed with a learning disorder or mental health condition have found that – because of the therapeutic instruction at BrainBoost – the tuition fees at BrainBoost have been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction. Please talk to your accountant or tax advisor regarding Qualifying Medical Expenses (QMEs) and health care trusts as they may apply to your family’s situation.
One-on-One Tutoring: $85/hour
- Junior High Classes: $3,000
- Senior High Classes: $2,000-$3,000
Study Space & Clubs:
- 1 hour drop-in: $35
- 10 hour pass: $325
- 20 hour pass: $580
- 50 hour pass: $1,250
Class Pass- Junior High (grades 6-9)
- 5 days/week: $33,000
- *includes daily one-on-one session (value of $15,000)
Class Pass- Senior High (grades 10-12)
- 5 days/week: $18,000