BRAINBOOST PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICIES 2020/2021
TUTORING SESSION POLICY
TUTORING POLICY IN A NUTSHELL
All sessions are scheduled to occur weekly throughout the school year. To cancel ongoing, you must give us 4 weeks written notice and pay for all sessions booked in those weeks. With at least 24 hours notice you can cancel up to 2 sessions per term at no charge. You must prepay four weeks of sessions at a time and you will receive an invoice whenever your account shows only one paid session remaining.
BOOKING AN ONGOING SESSION
To complete the registration process and book weekly session(s), commitment to the full school year is required along with your first payment equivalent to 4 weeks of booked sessions.
All sessions must be prepaid. Your payments become credits in your account which are used to pay for your child’s sessions. You will receive an invoice whenever your account shows only one session credit remaining. Each invoice will charge you for the next four weeks of booked services. You can also? pay for the entire term or year at once if you prefer – please contact us to make arrangements.
TUTOR SESSION CANCELLATION
With at least 24 hours notice, you may cancel 2 sessions per term at no charge. Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are considered a late cancellation and will be charged. The number of no-charge cancellations will be prorated for students who start or end tutoring in the middle of a term.
If a student decides to withdraw from tutoring before the end of the school year, you may cancel weekly sessions by giving four weeks written notice. All sessions falling before and within your notice period must be paid in full and are non-refundable. In the absence of notice, a fee equivalent to four weeks of services will be charged. All sessions scheduled after your notice period will be cancelled, and, if prepaid, will be refunded.
In rare cases, a tutor may have to cancel a scheduled session. We will do our best to reschedule the session to another convenient time for the student, or with another tutor if appropriate. If this is not possible, we will credit the session to your account. The student will also have free use of study space support for the duration of the cancelled session.
GROUP CLASS POLICY
BOOKING A CLASS
In most cases we will ask for the student to participate in a consultation to determine suitability for the desired class. If a student and class are a good fit, you will receive an invoice and, upon payment, the student?s spot is confirmed.
- If a student is registered for a class and decides to withdraw prior to the start of the class, you will be refunded the full cost of the class minus the cancellation fee (see below).
- For all school year Classes, a student may withdraw up to 14 days after the start of the Class and receive a full refund for the Class minus the cancellation fee. After 14 days, all fees are non-refundable.
- For summer academic credit Classes, or Classes shorter than a term, a student may withdraw up to 7 days after the start of the Class and will receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After 7 days, all fees are non-refundable.
- For week long Classes, there is no refund once the Class has started.
- If BrainBoost is unable to find enough students for a class, we reserve the right to cancel a class and we will refund all fees.
CLASS CANCELLATION FEE
- 10% of class cost
All Classes must be pre-paid in full.
STUDY SPACE POLICY
BOOKING STUDY SPACE
- Students can drop into Study Space at any time during open hours, provided they have participated in an intake and their learning needs are suitable for Study Space support.
- Individual Study Space hours will be charged at the end of each month, in accordance with the Study Space attendance record.
- A Prepaid Unlimited Study Space pass is available for purchase at the beginning of each term.
STUDY SPACE CANCELLATION
- The Unlimited Study Space pass is non-refundable.
STUDY SPACE TRACKING
- We carefully track time used and can make? that information available at any time.
GENERAL BILLING AND PAYMENT DETAIL
- All services must be prepaid.
- For each service requested, you will receive an emailed invoice (called a Purchase request in our online system). Once the invoice is paid, the service will be booked and a receipt will be issued (called a bill in our online system).
- Payments need to be made by e-transfer. We do not accept e credit or debit cards. With special arrangement you can also pay by cheque.
Please include your child?s first and last name in the Notes section of the e-transfer.
We schedule sessions for each student on a recurring weekly basis, from the date of the first session , until June 18th 2021, excluding all BC statutory holidays and VSB breaks. Please note – We are open on VSB pro-d Days.
RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENT
Once payment has been processed, you will be emailed a receipt. You can view and print your receipts through your online account as well. Please let us know if you have trouble accessing or printing receipts.
We charge an administration fee of $25.00 for cheques returned as NSF.
THIRD-PARTY GOVERNMENT PAYMENTS
For some students, services will be covered in full, or part, by government funding (MCFD, BC School District and other public agencies.) In this instance BrainBoost requires you to submit in writing:
- approval of BrainBoost as service provider for your child by the relevant funder.
- full details of the funded amount(s) and deliverables.
- Please note:
- Please remember that you are responsible for renewing government funding for your child on time and ensuring that regular funding comes through to BrainBoost to cover the services booked. Please be aware that, if the calculations are done incorrectly and funding is not adequate to cover services rendered, you are responsible to pay any outstanding balances.
- Please be aware that a billing fee of $10.00 per invoice per funder will be applied to all Third-Party accounts, to assist with necessary administrative procedures around billing and tracking.
SPECIAL PAYMENT PLANS
If you are unable to follow the policies and procedures outlined above, please contact the Case Manager of your child. We will discuss your needs and devise a special payment plan that works for you and us . In some cases an administrative charge of $50.00 will be applied to special payment plans.
Limited bursary funds are available for families who may need support meeting the fees. Please inquire with the Executive Director, Jessy Giammarino (email@example.com), for further detail.
Many families whose children are diagnosed with a learning disorder or mental health condition have found that – because of the therapeutic instruction at BrainBoost – the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has accepted tuition fees at BrainBoost as a medical deduction. Please speak with your accountant or tax advisor regarding Qualifying Medical Expenses (QMEs) and health care trusts as these may apply to your family’s situation.?Upon request, and with notice, we can provide a letter summarizing fees paid and services rendered.
One-on-One Tutoring: $85/hour
- Senior High single term Classes: $3,000
- Senior High Full year Classes: $2,000
- Junior High Full year Classes: $1,500
Study Space & Clubs:
- 1 hour drop-in: $30
- Unlimited Term Pass: $3,000