BrainBoost Education is looking for an individual who is excited about teaching kids basic and intermediate level computer programming skills while?making video games?. This is a part time position that begins in February, and offers a flexible schedule for the right person.
BrainBoost’s mandate is simple: to help students grow and develop in ways that matter to them. We do that by designing experiences that challenge and inspire. Our one-to-one tutoring ensures that students are taught in ways that match their learning style and personality. In addition to one-on-one tutoring, we support day time students doing school through on line courses and other alternative formats.
We are looking for a person who has:
- solid experience with C# and Unity 3D
- experience with other software like Maya, 3DsMax considered an asset
- a love of technology and want to share their love of it with others
- experience working with kids in a meaningful capacity (experience working with students with learning challenges or gifted considered an asset)
- ability to be reflective and self critical
The job entails:
- working one on one and in small groups with students ? up to 12?hours a week or more to suit your schedule
- creating, preparing materials to make curriculum interesting and engaging
- filing reports that reflect on how tutoring sessions could be improved
- working as part of a team to ensure the success of every student
- receiving feedback from your students and co-workers
The job offers:
- training in educational psychology and practices
- support with your cases as you apply new principals in your work with students
- opportunities to meet and exchange ideas with others who are excited and care about education for young people
Think you're the one for the job?
E-mail your cover letter and resume to Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org