Part-Time Human Resources Lead, BrainBoost Education
BrainBoost’s mandate is simple: to help students grow and develop in ways that matter to them. We do that by designing experiences that challenge and inspire.
Our approach ensures that students are taught in ways that match their learning style and personality. Our space is one of productivity and vibrancy but also a place where students feel safe and comfortable. Our team is a group of committed and passionate individuals that love learning and teaching.
We are looking for a Human Resources Lead to join our team on a part-time basis at our school in Vancouver. This position might be right for you if you are inspired by teaching and learning, you like the dynamic nature of a start-up type environment, and you have some practical HR skills and experience.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We work as a team to do something unique and change kids? lives for the better. To learn more about our philosophy: https://brainboosteducation.com/about/
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Human Resources Lead is part of the leadership team at BrainBoost and reports to the Director. By working in partnership with other managers, the HR Lead will ensure key roles are filled with talented employees and that the day-to-day to day HR function is looked after so our team can get down to the business of providing exceptional service to our students.
From supporting the implementation of a new Performance Management program to ensuring payroll and benefits are handled well, the HR Lead will have the opportunity to work in a role with lots of variety and a high level of engagement with employees and leaders.
- Attract and hire talented employees to join our team by posting positions, networking to bring in talent, interviewing, writing job offers, negotiating with candidates, and onboarding new employees.
Support Strategic HR Initiatives
- Drive continual improvements to employee experience
- Support the creation of a culture of ongoing performance feedback and development
- Establish effective working relationships with external partners and resources as needed in order to stay current with HR trends and best practices
- Ensure detailed and effective HR records are maintained, including personnel files, HR records, and organizational structure
- Support the creation and enhancement of company policies and HR programs around hiring, performance feedback, retention, benefits, and compensation
- Manage?and coordinate HR program budgets in alignment with BrainBoost?s priorities and direction
- Act as a go-to person for employees who need information, insight, training, and direction
- Communicate and liaise with management on employee engagement matters
- Collect and analyze employee feedback as needed
- Administer payroll and benefits for all employees
- Create and disseminate the BrainBoost internal staff newsletter
- Provide scheduling support for tutoring staff, balancing employee availability and BrainBoost needs
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and rapport with others
- An understanding and knowledge of basic HR principles? ?
- Basic understanding of BC Employment Standards
- Strong interviewing skills
- Fully proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and strong IT skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- A strategic thinker, planner, influencer and negotiator
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to others
- Able to balance empathy with the requirements of the business
- Able to thrive in a dynamic evolving environment ?
PREFERED EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Exposure to Education, either:
- Previous teaching experience,
- Bachelor of Education,
- Or HR experience in an Education system
- Experience working in the field of Human Resources:
- Experience recruiting, onboarding, supporting performance management support, and payroll.
- Nice to have: ?degree or diploma in Human Resources management or related field, or CHRP designation
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline is June 20th, 2016. ?Please apply with resume and cover letter to Julie Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working with BrainBoost!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.